Easy Venison Meatloaf
Recipe By:MOTHERHEN1982 from allrecipes
“Serve with potatoes and seasonal vegetables.”
- 2 pounds ground venison or elk
- 1 (6 ounce) package dry stuffing mix (such as Stove Top(R))
- 1 cup water
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce * mixed in
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp ground black pepper or to taste
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce * for top
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix venison, stuffing mix, water, onion, 1/4 cup barbeque sauce, eggs, salt, and black pepper together in a large bowl until fully incorporated. Shape venison mixture into a loaf and place in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Spread 1/4 cup barbeque sauce over the top of loaf. OR spread in a greased 9” x 5” loaf pan
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, 45 min to 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
* I made my own sauce:
Mix well: 1/2 cup ketchup 2 tablespoons brown sugar 1/2 tsp dried mustard powder 1 tsp any hot sauce (optional)