Wrapped Salmon – Excellent Dish for Company – Easy, Pretty & Tastes Good
Prep Time: 20 Min
Ready In: 45 Min
4 (6 ounce) fillets salmon, with skin and bones removed*
8 sheets phyllo dough
1/2 cup melted butter
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Cut the filets into log shaped pieces, about 2 inches wide by 4 to 5 inches long, 1 inch thick*, keeping the filet portions separate. Take 2 sheets of phyllo dough, placing one on top of the other, and brush lightly with melted butter, covering the one side completely.
3. Place a portion of salmon (6 ounces), 3 inches from the edge nearest you, of the phyllo dough. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Coat the portion of salmon with 1/2 tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
4. Fold the phyllo dough, nearest you, over the salmon and make one complete wrap. Butter. Take the sides of the dough and fold them towards the center, butter a little more and continue rolling up the dough. Brush all sides with butter, covering completely and place on a cookie sheet covered with foil. Repeat steps for remaining portions of salmon.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until phyllo dough is golden brown.