Broiled Salmon and Onion
Serves 4 to 6
About 40 minutes to table. If you are in a hurry, skip the resting 20 minutes step, then it will be ready in about 20 minutes.
This recipe can be for the broiler or Bar-B-Que. I’m not comfortable with Bar-B-Quing so I often convert recipes to the broiler. This is one of those.
Note: leave the oven rack in the middle when preheating and cooking.
4 Salmon Fillets (4-6 oz), skin on
4 Tbsp. Butter, melted
1/2 medium fresh onion, minced
1/2 – 1 Pkg. Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1. Mix Melted Butter, minced fresh onion and onion soup mix together in a small bowl.
2. Use foil to make a “pan” on your broiler pan that is just big enough to contain the fish.
3. Place the fish in your foil pan, skin side down. Spread the onion butter mixture over the fish.
4. Let sit about 20 minutes if you can.
5. Broil on middle rack at 500 degrees for 8 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven, cover with foil and let sit for 5 minutes.