Citrus Salsa Salmon
4 4 to 5 oz salmon fillets – 3/4 to 1 inch thick (skin on or off)
salt and black pepper
1/3 cup red jalapeno jelly
3 medium oranges, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
1 medium grapefruit sections, chopped
1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved (or regular tomatoes chopped)
1. In medium bowl combine chopped fruit and halved tomatoes.
2. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the jelly. You can add a tablespoon of water to help it melt.
3. Heat broiler. Place the salmon on unheated rack of a broiler pan. Lightly sprinkle salmon with the salt and pepper. Brush 2 tablespoons of the melted jelly on the salmon, add the rest of the jelly to the salsa mix with a little salt and pepper.
4. Broil 4 inches from heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until salmon flakes when tested with a fork. (When in doubt I cook for shortest time since fish continues cooking after removed from heat). Be carefully jelly doesn’t burn too much.
5. Remove from the oven and let sit with foil over top for about 5 minutes.
Serve with the salsa on top.
From Better Homes and Garden – March 2009